Founded as a local fraternity at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio
and its Phoenix-like rebirth as
THE OHIO GAMMA CHAPTER OF SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON
The "Tri- Gams" were a new fraternity in the spring of 1950, started as the rebirth of an earlier "local" which had dissolved during the depression of the 1930s. This site will tell the story of those early years and the brothers who worked so tirelessly and fought so hard to make this fledgling brotherhood a prestigious member of the OU Greek Community. That chartered the chapter in record time, while most of the founders were still students, is evidence of its rapid rise to prominence.